Friday, July 23, 2010

Lunchtime exploration

My labmates took me out for another lunchtime expedition. We went to Yongsan station, which has the I-Park mall built on top of it. I wanted to look at the electronics stores there and see what the e-sports stadium was like.

The outside of the mall. It's pretty gianormous.

Yongsan train station was built into the middle of the mall, or maybe vice versa.

Oh yeah.

A wall of past winners. Of course, the likes of Boxer and Garimto are there at the front.

The empty stadium.

There were 3 stories of just electronics for sale, with tons of awesome cases and the tiniest USB drives I've ever seen. The crazy part is that this mall (which is enormous) is surrounded by dozens of other stores 1/3 the size but completely dedicated to electronics!

We had lunch at KFC, probably the first American fastfood I've tried here. One of their combo meals was for 2 people, with the usual side of french fries replaced by a piece of chicken. Glorious.

I've been seeing a lot of StarCraft ads around town. I saw a few on the side of the blue buses but never got my camera out in time. I've also seen that Korean Air has emblazoned their aircraft with Jim Raynor in marine gear. They're sponsoring this year's StarLeague tournament, so I guess it makes sense.

Some advertisements outside a random PC bang I passed.

This one was near the city capitol.

After seeing the wedding hall (right next to the gaming section!) we returned to lab for a few more hours of work.

For dinner, Woo Hyun drove us to a local place famous for its steamed kimchee, noodles, and mackerel dish, go dong uh jo rim. It was delicious. Probably my favorite surprise food besides the pork intestine stew. Surprise in that I wasn't sure what to expect, even though the guys all said they liked it. Wasn't too spicy or salty--a good blend, and the fish just melted in your mouth.

Woohyun drove us here and got us ice cream afterwards.

Looks bad. Tastes awesome.

All that's left to try now is dog. Eww.

No comments:

Post a Comment